Tibet, Mt Kailash and Lake Manasarovar
MOUNT KAILASH, THE CROWN CHAKRA OF MOTHER EARTH
1. Our Team has done cumulatively over 45 circuits of Mount Kailash.
2. We have created a bespoke itinerary with the purpose of making this a truly lifetime visit to Tibet in the shortest time frame.
3. Tourism in Nepal and Tibet is plagued with hidden costs. We want yourrespect and we value your relationship. We will share the exclusions very transparently with you.
4. We don’t do big group due to mobility issues. We will not have more than 20-25 seekers within our group.
5. Lastly & most importantly, we want to give you personalised attention and be a conduit for your truly spiritual experience.
1. Mount Kailash (seventh chakra: crown of earth)
2. Lake Manasarovar (holiest freshwater lake)
1. Drepung Monastery
2. Sera Monastery
3. Namgyal Monastery
4. Potala Palace (UNESCO site)
5. Tashi Lhunpo Monastery
6. Chiu Gompa Monastery – one of the major monasteries on lake Manasarovar
7. Hor Qu Monastery – one of the major monasteries on lake Manasarovar
8. Seralung Monastery – one of the major monasteries on lake Manasarovar
9. Trugo Monastery – one of the major monasteries on lake Manasarovar
1. The Pashupatinath Temple
2. Guhyeshwari Temple
3. Jokhang Temple
1. Qinghai–Tibet Plateau
2. Yamdro-tso lake
3. Zong Jiao Lu Kang Lake, Lhasa
4. Gurikund lake – Tibetan Lake of Compassion
At every overnight halt, you will have the chance to explore the town.
1. Barkhor street
2. Darchenmarket - great for Tibetan artefacts
Welcome to Kathmandu. Airport to hotel transfer will be provided. Visit Pashupatinath Temple & Guhyeshwari Shaktipeeth and Group briefing.
After breakfast, drive to the airport for your flight to Lhasa. Early morning departure to Lhasa (3650m) by flight about 1 hour . Upon arrival at Gonggar airport, transfer to Lhasa City. Rest of the day is free for acclimatization, shopping & relaxation.
Visit the famous Norbulingka Potala Palace & adjacent zong jiao lu kang lake; Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Bazaar, Drepung and Sera Monastery.
Drive to Shigatse and on the way visit Yamdrotso lake (Yamzho Yumco) and lastly visit The Tashilunpo Monastery. Later free time to rest and acclimatize. Overnite at Shigatse.
Drive to Saga. Acclimatize. Overnight in Saga.
Full Moon night - Drive to Lake Manasarovar with the Parikarma of the Lake in route visit Chiu Gompa Monastery; Hor Qu Monastery ; SeralungMonastery; Trugo Monastery
AM Stay at Lake Manasarovar for prayers for devotees. Afternoon Drive to Darchen.
After short drive, we will reach Tarboche –The Grand flag and pass through Yama Dwar. Trek to Dirapuk. We will trek to Diraphuk (4850 m) which is 12 kms trek (5-6 hrs). Travelers who do not want to trek around (Parikrama) Kailash can Trek back to Darchen next day and wait for rest of the group to arrive from Parikrama.
Early morning uphill trek to Dolma la Pass (5560m) after pass on the right side we will have the Darshan of Gurikund lake and long continue trek to Zhutulphuk.( 4650m) Treks about 10-11 hrs
Morning trek to Zhongdo. End Kailas Kora. Drive to SAGA
Early morning drive to Shigatse. Train to Lhasa in the afternoon.
Fly Lhasa to Kathmandu . Rest of the day is free for shopping & relaxation. Transfer to the airport for your final departure back home
Please download the Itinerary for cost details
- Sightseeing all tickets paid for Tours
- Full Board Vegetarian Meals
- Daily 2 litres Bottled Mineral Water
- English Speaking Tibetan Guide
- Yaks & Yak-men for luggage during Parikarma (circling the mount Kailash)
- All Permits
- Tibet / China Visa Fee
- Arrival / Departure Transfers by AC Deluxe Coach
- Twin Sharing Accommodation
- Dawn Jacket on returnable basis
Cost does not include:
- Any air fare/ train fare / bus fare, unless specified.
- Any meals / en route meals unless specified. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and personal nature cost.
- Travel insurance of clients and evacuation cost. Rescue and emergency cost.
- Domestic excess baggage charges and airport taxes.
- Any items and services not mentioned in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Extra room’s bills due to flight delays due to weather conditions.
- Visa splitting charge and extra transportation cost, if returning early from Tibet.
- If any members exit before the trip schedule; China group visa splitting charge and transportation will be applicable.
- Any additional cost due to natural calamities and unforeseen circumstances. Considering the remote location, Itinerary is subject to change due to unavoidable circumstances in the interest of safety of the group then the extra cost incurred has to be paid by the group members.
- Hiring Of Horse & Porters if required for Kailash.
- Twin occupancy will be applicable for the entire tour.
- Early Check in & late checkout is subject to availability of rooms at additional cost.
- Any additional transfers or sightseeing at additional cost. We will highlight these during our preparatory meetups
Lhasa - Namtso – Lhasa
A brief Namtso day trip from Lhasa. The driving distance between Lhasa and Namtso
is about 250km. After visiting the Namtso Lake, drive back to Lhasa for accommodation
Lhasa - Nam Co Lake - Meimo Lava Cave/Nagqu
Nagqu is 6 hr drive from Lhasa. In the peaks in east Nagqu there are many strangely shaped lava caves. One of these is tne Meimo Lava Cave, referred to as "the Mysterious Chamber for the Fairies." Housing many stone ladders, the cave has two man-sized stone pillars standing on both sides of the entrance. Inside the cave are entrance. Inside the cave are numerous sub-caves filled with water drops fall onto the ground, sending sing-song sounds throughout the quiet environment. There are also many naturally formed statues of deities. Further inside are two red and blue lava caves which are comparatively large in size. Strong torches do not work here, so that when in the caves one has to move ahead inch by inch. Local people say there is a cave that extends about 100 km long and another cave that extends over 200 km long.
Nagqu - Nyenchen Tanglha Mountain - Lhasa
Situated in the heart of Nagqu city, ShodainMonastery is the most famous Yellow sect in Northern Tibet. The monastery dates back to more than 200 years back and once was the pride of Tibet.
Zhoima Canyon Scenic Spot
Zhoima Canyon is one of the most mesmerizing areas in Nagqu. The best time to visit this spot is in summers when the entire surrounding is covered with numerous varieties of colorful flowers that give this place a special fragrance. Situated at a distance of 92 km south of Nagqu and at an altitude of 4700 m above sea level.
Towering to a height of 6482 m above sea level, Purugangri Glacier covers an area of around 400 sq. km. These high snow peaks are the most pristine glaciers in the world. Looking at them from a distance is an absolutely magical sight with your eyes only getting in vision, the pure white color of the snow covered peaks.
Fly Lhasa / Kathmandu
Rest of the day is free for shopping & relaxation. Transfer to the airport for your final departure back home
Please download the Itinerary for cost details
- Arrival into and departure from Kathmandu would be on your own.
- As per new rules, booking should be done 1 month in advance.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid passport - validity 6 months before travel date and two copies of passport size photograph.
- The hotel confirmed will be as per the brochure or an alternate hotel of similar category.
- Private vehicles are not allowed from Manasarovar to Kailash. The Group will be escorted by the Deluxe ECO- buses only.
- Please carry woollen gloves, Balaclava, Sun hat, Thermal wear, Water bottle, Woollen socks, Towel, Light Jacket, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Torch with extra batteries/ bulbs, Muffler, Mask, Raincoat, Sweater, Shirt/T-shirt and Trekking shoes . Besides, everything else, it is recommended to carry a box of First Aid along with general medicines.
- Any weather condition or political conditions are out of the tour operators control. Your understanding in this matter is appreciated.
How fit do you need to be?
Medical and physical fitness is an extremely important criterion when it comes to this journey. You need to be in good health and shape with 27 Body Mass Index (BMI) or less. Altitude sickness is a common experience of everybody who undertakes this trek and it varies according to the individual. One needs to undertake both walking and mountain climbing during this journey. People who have joints or asthma conditions should avoid this journey. A medical clearance certificate will be required for visa formalities.
- Daily jogging, 30 min walk, regular exercises, and stretching need to be the part of your regime.
- Even if most of the equipment that you will take with you will be with the porters, you still need to carry the necessities as drinking water, medicine, and additional clothing yourself.
- An ideal preparation should be a combination of strength and cardiovascular endurance along with hiking-specific training.
- Strength development in shoulders and upper back through effective exercises will help you to carry backpacks or use your trekking poles with efficiency. You need to develop trekking specific strength and for this you should train primarily with free weights.
- You need to practice walking on incline treadmill and running as a part of your preparations. Swimming, rowing, and biking are great cardiovascular options that you need to focus on exercises related to cardiovascular spinal loading. This includes downhill and inclined treadmill walks running, and jogging.
- You need to condition your whole body for a long stay at high altitudes. So, you need to do steep hikes at outdoor trails and increase backpack weights gradually. Practice by carrying bottles of water in your backpack.
Is there an Orientation program?
Yes, there is going to be an orientation/briefing program before we embark on our adventure by the tour manager, leader/guide.
Are there luxury options on this tour? What is the overnight accommodation like?
This tour is not luxury and neither are there any such options considering the remoteness of the location. There are only basic / minimalistic facilities on this tour and we need to realize this before undertaking the spiritual journey. For nights in cities, we use superior standard/deluxe rooms whereas, during the trek, we use lodges/tea houses/guesthouses/home stay for our clients, and whatever is available and accessible. We also arrange sleeping bags for our clients, on their request. Toilets in remote locations are of village setting, carry enough sanitizers and paper towels for your journey.
How big are the groups?
We will have an exclusive group of around 20 people and our exclusive permit. Therefore, we will have less hold up than other large groups at clearance check points.
What about security during this trip?
We make sure to take security measures during the trip to make your trip delightful. We hire experienced and license holding guides to safeguard your life in mountains. We suggest you follow the guide’s instruction carefully and take responsibility for personal belongings. Always keep your valued belongings near you and lock the door from inside during the night.
What sort of food can I expect in this tour? Is the drinking water safe in this region?
Considering the pious nature of this journey, This region provides few western meals like Pasta, noodles, bread, soup etc. Dal Bhat (Rice, Lentils and Vegetables) are great way to gain energy for the strenuous trek. There are plenty of water stations where you can easily get drinking water. We recommend that you bring water purifier tablets with you in case you need it for yourself, you should buy it for yourself.
Will I be taken care of during emergency?
Before embarking on this journey, make sure that you are covered by insurance policy for the altitude of 5500 meters and above. In the case of any emergency like altitude sickness, dehydration or any medical conditions, ask your tour leader/guide to contact us as soon as possible so that we can manage/arrange helicopter for the rescue. Then you will be transferred to hospital for the treatment. You will however need to entail costs for such an evacuation. It is something one should budget as an overhead for this travel.
How can I charge my electronics during the trip? Is there any communication while we are on hiking?
You can charge your electronics in the hotel where you stay. The best idea always is to bring your own power bank with you. while during the trip, you can make local and international call from the telephone that is provided by the guesthouse owner after paying him certain amount. In case of emergency, you can also ask your guide for his/her help.
What immunizations will I need?
Please ensure you are covered for diphtheria & TB, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, malaria, typhoid, polio and tetanus. Make sure you are in best shape to complete the tour without any complication.
Can I add extra days to this trip?
If you need extra day, you will need to inform the guide in advance and the guide will let the company know. Adding a day to the tour can result in many changes in other arrangements such as transportation, guide’s schedule, flight details, hotel bookings and all. So, we really do not recommend this to our clients unless there is an emergency case. But it is true that those changes could be made but it will cost extra. The best way to do it is to inform the agent company about it.
How will my booking be processed?
To confirm your booking, a deposit of 15% of total trip amount is required if you are booking at least a year in advance before trip departure date. If booking is made between 100-364 days before the trip departure, you'll need to pay 20% to confirm the trip. if booked between 99-40 days, 50% of the total trip amount needs to be paid and finally, if you are booking 39-30 days prior to trip departure, then 100% payment should be made. The payments can be easily made by the bank transfer. Please note that non refundable fee is 20% or $500 whichever is greater.
Can we use the credit card during the tour?
You cannot use the credit card during the trip. You have to withdraw the money before you start this tour. You can use the credit card only inside Kathmandu Valley. Helicopter evacuations is usually settled in USD only. Ensure you have enough cash for incidental expenses.
Do we need to carry our bags by our self or you will provide porters?
You have to carry your personal bags with water bottle and medicines remaining bags will be carried by porters to make you easy to walk. The weight limit for porters is 15 KG.